LED Light Therapy for Skin: What to Know!
NASA originally developed it for plant growth experiments on shuttle missions and later found it to have promise for wound treatment.
Light emitting diode (LED) light therapy is now growing in popularity in both aesthetic clinics and at home. Using varying LED wavelengths, this skincare technique purportedly helps:
- treat acne
- reduce inflammation
- promote anti-aging effects
What is LED Therapy?
LED or light emitting diode therapy, is a skincare treatment that uses varying wavelengths of light, including red and blue..
During LED treatments we use red or blue light frequencies based on the skincare concern. Red is primarily used for anti-aging, while blue is used for acne treatment.
Is it safe?
- Unlike other types of light therapy, LEDs do not contain ultraviolet rays. Therefore, they’re safe for regular use.
- LED light therapy doesn’t cause burns compared to other anti-aging treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and laser therapy. It may be safe for all skin colors and types.
- You shouldn’t use LED light therapy if you take Accutane for acne or if you’re experiencing skin rashes.
- When used with medical grade equipment by profesional practicians, LED light therapy will improve your skin over time. You’ll need maintenance treatments to maintain your results.
- Home devices use lower frequencies and haven’t been proven as effective.
With LED photomodulation treatment, you can expect smoother, softer and clearer skin, with visible results from the first session! This LED face-firming treatment may also be combined with other aesthetic procedures to address other concerns. Results are progressive, so you will notice further improvement in the texture and appearance of your skin with each session.
Am I a good candidate?
LED therapy is good to:
- Treat Acne
- Decrease scarring
- Promote anti-inflammatory effects
- Reduce age spots
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Even skin tone
You may be a candidate for LED light therapy if you have these types of skincare concerns and haven’t gotten the results you want from over-the-counter (OTC) skin products. LED therapy is also safe for all skin colors, and it doesn’t cause any burning.
What to expect during treatment:
This innovative facial treatment is very relaxing. The delivery of the light energy to the skin is fast and completely pain- free. Your eyes will be protected by goggles.
What to expect after therapy?
LED light therapy is non-invasive, so no recovery time is required. When the session is completed (typically 20 minutes), you can immediately return to your normal daily activities.
How much do it cost?
Prices for LED photomodulation treatment for skin radiance start from $100 per session (package rates), and a-la-carte sessions are also available.
To be certain you are choosing the right treatment, and answer all your questions, we always start with a FREE initial consultation.
During this session, an experienced consultant will listen to your concerns and discuss your needs and expectations. After a clinical examination, he/she will be able to determine a facial treatment plan suitable for your skin. The recommended treatment plan may include one or more aesthetic treatments, depending on your needs. The consultant will also identify any possible allergies, skin injuries or ongoing medical treatments – to ensure there are no contraindications to the advised treatment.
Be the first to receive our latest insights and promotions, subscribe to our mailing list.