IPL Permanent Hair Removal
At EstheClinic, we use the latest IPL Permanent Hair Removal technology to remove hair comfortably, effectively and effortlessly. And yes, it is effective on all skin types!
50%off your 1st session
IPL Hair Removal or Laser Hair Removal: What's the difference?
The primary principle behind Permanent Hair Removal is ‘selective photothermolysis’ (SPTL). This is the matching of a specific wavelength of light and pulse duration to obtain maximum impact on the targeted tissue. All this with minimum effect to the surrounding tissue.
Both laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) use light to heat the hair follicle and prevent regrowth. However, the technology used to deliver the light is really quite different.
In short, lasers produce a particular type of light consisting of one wavelength or colour of light all going in one direction, which creates a single beam like a laser pointer. IPL devices produce a wide range of wavelengths of light to produce a single white flash
IPL Hair Removal or Laser Hair Removal: How does it work?
For hair removal, both laser light and IPL light work by exactly the same mechanism:
Laser/IPL Hair Removal provides hair removal to give you a smooth and silky skin
What does it mean in terms of actual treatment?
Due to the way the technologies themselves work, laser and IPL treatments vary in terms of:
- Treatment time: Because the beam of light used in laser treatments is very concentrated, laser devices have a tiny treatment window. Thanks to the broader flash of light used in IPL, IPL devices feature a bigger treatment window. And so can cover a much larger area at once, meaning a much faster treatment time in comparison to the laser.
- Pain rating: The single, more pointed beam of light used during laser treatment is often reported to be more painful than IPL treatment.
- Cost: Laser light is expensive to generate, and so, laser treatment comes with a hefty price tag, whereas IPL is often much more affordable.
- Longevity of results: With 15 years’ experience of both laser and IPL hair removal, we are now able to say that results are similar from both treatments. But for many reasons, we have chosen to work in a non-medical environment.
- Safety: Laser light is very powerful and can even be dangerous. The bonus of IPL treatment is that it’s much safer and so can be used risk-free for long-lasting results.
So which one is better for me?
To summarise, IPL can give the same standard of results as laser-treatments, as long as you follow the prescribed treatment regime.
IPL Permanent Hair Removal at EstheClinic
Why choose EstheClinic's IPL Permanent Hair Removal?
EstheClinic Paris was founded by Dr.Boutboul – pioneer and catalyser of innovative technologies in aesthetic medicine for over 20 years. With 15 years’ experience of both Laser Hair Removal and IPL Hair Removal treatments, we have chosen to work in a non-medical environment.
Our patented No Pain System (NPS) comes from BVA Technology, which has been manufacturing and distributing aesthetic equipment to doctors throughout Europe for over 15 years. The new generation of IPL machines, the patented MacPeel system, is safe and is a real and effective alternative to Laser Hair Removal.
All our therapists use processes developed by doctors, and EstheClinic maintains a partnership with physicians to ensure the team is always up to speed with the latest medical advances. This is why we always start with a consultation to assess the individual’s skin condition and medical history, and every piece of our equipment is maintained to a high medical standard.
Have a question?
If you require advice or more information about any of our IPL Permanent Hair Removal treatments, our experts are only a quick message away. Get in contact with us today! At EstheClinic, we offer a free consultation to get you started on your journey to fabulously silky-smooth skin.